One week later...
I'm sitting in my former apartment writing this entry because I HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF!! I moved carloads (yes, carloads) of stuff every night this week because I HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF! I chose to move it myself (although Mac continued to help by handling some vacuuming & pulling down the curtains upstairs) and while I know I could've had help, I know I needed to do it myself. Why? Because I didn't know what I was doing.
That sounds so self-effacing, but it's the truth. The stuff that was left was the stuff that I didn't know what to do with. Janine lovingly shared her analysis of The Last Days of Moving stating that (paraphrasing) "it's all the stuff that didn't have a place in the first place so you don't know which box to pack it in so you wait to pack it and it all gets thrown into a box anyway. Then it sits in the box until you finally get to it (cuz it's last again, too) and then realize that you didn't need it anyway because you haven't needed it while it sat it in the box." Yep. That's it.
And did you know you have to clean the place you lived in? Of course you did. That's common. I just haven't moved in so long that I'd forgotten how much time and effort it takes to clean when you move out. You clean the stuff that you put off and put off. You know, like the baseboards and the blinds.
Today is my final day.
Thank God.
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment