My plan for this weekend was to box all my books. This would mean that I'd purged, sorted, and made ready for moving my personal library. Regrettably, this did not happen. I still thought I'd be able to address my books before bedtime, but that, too, did not happen.
So what did happen? How did I spend my time today?
As I stepped around miscellaneous things cluttering the floor, collecting the necessary laundry, I realized that I have excess everywhere. Including my wardrobe. I became overwhelmed again. Excess books. Redundant clothing. Untamed memorabilia. Then it came to me:
I'm changing a fundamental philosophy, a foundational behavior. It's going to take some time.
It's a paradigm shift, to use this millenium's business jargon. I can't expect myself to blaze through this process and actually expect myself to stick to it. This is more than going through the motions. This is changing myself. This is changing who I've been into who I want to become. Like a full-bodied soup, that's going to take some time. There are no shortcuts.
Patience is a key component to learning to Live With Less.
Patience with myself.
Patience with others.
Patience with this process.
May the Lord grant me the courage to be patient.
mg
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment